A hint of SPRING is trying to peek through the fresh snow around here!
Let's make a quick little Bloomin' Blossoms Posy
and see if we can bring a little SPRING to our table!!
- Background: 4 @ 1-1/2" x 15" strips - inner border2 @ 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles
2 @ 2-1/2" squares
10 @ 1-1/2" squares
- Flower: 4 @ 4-1/2" squares - petals1 @ 2-1/2" square - center
2 @ 2-1/2" squares for leaves
- Border: 4 @ 3" x 22" strips
- Backing: 1 Fat Quarter cut into 18" square
- 1-1/2 yards small rick-rack
- 2-1/4 yards Jumbo rick-rack
DRAW a diagonal line on wrong side of 1-1/2" squares of background.
LAYER small squares on corners of leaves and petals as shown.
PRESS toward the petal.
Now it is ready to add the second petal.
Working clockwise, STITCH each petal in the order shown.
NESTLE seams at leaves. PRESS seams toward petals.
FINISH partial seam.
Next: ADD BORDERS
(Mitered Border Photo tutorial HERE
Printer-Friendly Instructions HERE)
Then: Embellish with Rick-Rack if desired
* 1-1/2 yards small, stitch through center around posy
Next Step: ENVELOPE the seams.
Place 18" backing square right sides together over quilt top.
PIN, then STITCH, using 1/4" seam allowance.
Next: Place quilt, top side down over a 20" square of batting.
PIN, then STITCH along the previous stitching lines through all layers.
TRIM edges and corners.
TURN inside out through opening.
STITCH opening closed.
QUILT as DESIRED.